I’m not usually a big fan of brand loyalty, but there are a few companies that I think have done well enough that they deserve a spot on the leaderboard for computer parts.
This is a summary of what I consider to be the top computer parts vendors for everything. It’s not intended to be a “best bang for buck” as much as it is top components for everything. I don’t imagine thast
- CPUs: Intel
- Motherboards: MSI XPower series
- GPUs: MSI Lightning series
- RAM: G.Skill Trident series
- Cooling Fans: Gentle Typhoon
- Power supplies: EVGA’s Super Flower Leadex Line. I will also give a nod to Corsair’s Flextronics lines and Seasonic.
- Cases: Case Labs
- CPU Coolers: Tie between Cryorig and Noctua
- Keyboards: Currently Ducky Channel
- SSDs: Samsung Pro series
- Hard drives: Western Digital Black or Seagate Enterprise Capacity
- Blocks: Aquacomputer
- Radiators: Tie between EK and HWLabs
- Tubing: Tygon Norprene (I would like to experiment with Teflon tubing for computers)
- Fittings: Bitspower (although with Hardline tubing, stainless steel push-in fittings are worth exploring)
I do not have a preference right now for mice, audio components (go with audiophile brands), or displays.
I will put a more in depth post later on.